A total of 47 persons tested positive for COVID-19 in Coimbatore district on Saturday. The district had 498 active cases of the COVID-19 on Saturday while 64 persons returned to their homes after recovering from the disease. The district did not report any death due to the disease on Saturday according to the Health Department bulletin. Tiruppur district reported 30 fresh cases, taking its tally to 17,698 cases. No deaths were reported. As many as 17,313 patients have recovered and 165 were active cases. Tiruppur district reported 220 deaths overall. On Saturday, 34 patients from the district were discharged from various treatment centres. The Health Department said that 258 frontline workers were vaccinated across Tiruppur district on Saturday.
- South Korea reports two more MERS deaths, Thailand says no new cases
- South Korea cuts rates as MERS clouds outlook; 14 new cases
- Nation's four new cases of 'super flu' raise total to 32
- Hospital at center of RoK's MERS suspends services; seven new cases
- Four new cases of 'super flu' raise Vietnam's total number to 32
- New cases of animal diseases uncovered in central region
- Country sees 90 new cases of A/H1N1
- MERS death toll rises to 31 in the RoK outbreak, one new case
- New cases of German measles reported in HCMC
- Pakistan reports new cases of bird flu in 2 provinces
47 new cases in Coimbatore have 202 words, post on www.thehindu.com at January 24, 2021. This is cached page on Drudgereport. If you want remove this page, please contact us.