MIAMI (CBSMiami) – Miami-Dade has launched another way for people 65 and older to check or and schedule appointments to receive a COVID-19 vaccine. In addition to checking online at miamidade.gov/vaccine, people can now call 305-614-2014. “We are taking urgent action to ensure no communities are left behind and all our seniors 65 and older have equal access to this lifesaving vaccine. To distribute the vaccine equitably to vulnerable Miami-Dade County residents, we are proud to introduce a phone option to expand access to the vaccine to protect our county and move forward together,” said Miami-Dade Mayor Daniella Levine Cava.Related: What You Need To Know About Getting The COVID-19 Vaccine In South Florida “There are many seniors in our community who are not able to access vaccine appointments through online booking, and I’m pleased that the County has launched a new phone line to make it easier for everyone to schedule an appointment,” said County Commission Chairman Jose “Pepe” Diaz. This week Miami-Dade will also open a new vaccine distribution site at Miami Dade College North Campus and will reopen the vaccination site located at Zoo Miami. More from CBSMiami.comCOVID-Sniffing Dogs To Screen Fans At Miami Heat Games‘It’s A Sad… Read full this story
- Revlon has appointed its first female CEO: What other beauty brands have women in charge?
- Armed guard bars woman from Disney Cruise Line ship because she's a week over their pregnancy limit
- This is how advertising has the power to make children fat
- The appointments of John Bolton and Mike Pompeo in the US bring us closer to war in the Middle East
- 30 young Welsh firms aiming to make it big
- Trump's new Nasa chief Jim Bridenstine a 'climate change denier' who could make 'terrifying' decisions, US senators warn
- Recorder letters: Wild Wanstead, phone-only parking, road safety, high street rents and battlefield visits
- 19 of Grimsby's oldest buildings whose future MUST be saved
- Lorry drivers line up under motorway bridge to stop man jumping to death
- WhatsApp launches first revenue-generating enterprise product Business API
Miami-Dade Launches Phone Line To Make COVID-19 Vaccination Appointments have 336 words, post on miami.cbslocal.com at January 26, 2021. This is cached page on Drudgereport. If you want remove this page, please contact us.