YouTube has suspended Rudy Giuliani from participating in its ad revenue sharing program, cutting off one of the ways former US president Donald Trump’s personal attorney has been making money from his legions of followers. The suspension, which YouTube imposed last week and confirmed on Tuesday, came as Dominion Voting Systems sued Giuliani for US$1.3 billion (NZ$1.8b), alleging he used his social media posts to make damaging, false claims that the company had engaged in election manipulation. YouTube’s action doesn’t stop Giuliani from posting new videos or making paid product endorsements in his posts, which he does often. But it prevents him from receiving any money from the ads YouTube sells that run before a video begins to play. YouTube spokesperson Jessica Gibby confirmed that Giuliani had been suspended from the company’s ad partner program after multiple violations of YouTube’s rules against posting misleading information about the recent presidential election. He is eligible to appeal the suspension after 30 days, she said. READ MORE:Voting machine firm sues Trump lawyer Rudy Giuliani for more than $1.8 billion’Hit job’: Rudy Giuliani denies he was caught out in hotel bedroom scene in new Borat filmRudy Giuliani tries to clarify his odd Russia collusion… Read full this story
- The Hill's Morning Report - Presented by Facebook - After rough week, can Trump bounce back?
- GOP rallies around Trump after firing of Manhattan US attorney
- Trump strikes somber pose at unveiling of Shanksville monument after being criticized for bizarre fist-pumps and cursory one-line tweet on the day when Americans should have stood as one to mark the 17th anniversary of 9/11
- Barr says Trump fired Manhattan US Attorney Berman
- Democrats pan Trump, Barr over dismissal of US Attorney Geoffrey Berman
- Bolton book puts spotlight on Pompeo-Trump relationship
- Geoffrey Berman is leaving office immediately after standoff with Trump administration
- US Attorney General Barr Says Trump Has Fired Manhattan Attorney Geoffrey Berman
- Trump wanted big crowds at his comeback rally in Tulsa. They didn’t show up
- NY Attorney Linked to Probes into Trump Associates Rebuts News of Exit After Barr's Statement
YouTube suspends Trump's lawyer Rudy Giuliani from ad revenue program have 343 words, post on www.stuff.co.nz at January 27, 2021. This is cached page on Drudgereport. If you want remove this page, please contact us.