House GOP Leader Kevin McCarthy has a fresh spring in his step after the Republicans defied the odds and professional political prognosticators by picking up 15 seats in the 2020 congressional elections. McCarthy, who has his eyes on the majority in November 2022, approached the 2020 congressional elections differently than Republicans in recent history have traditionally targeted congressional electoral efforts, and his moves paid off—and not only infuriated but befuddled the beltway pundit class. For the first time since 1994, in 2020 no GOP incumbent running for reelection lost. Meanwhile, McCarthy blew away fundraising records previously set by former House Speaker Paul Ryan—astonishing since he did it from the minority. Usually, House political leaders do better raising money from the majority. That's not to mention the most significant development which is a freshman class entering Congress in 2021 that represents perhaps the most diverse in party history with the most women to boot. "First of all, put it in perspective, this is the first time since 1994 that no Republican incumbent lost," McCarthy told Breitbart News in an exclusive interview when asked how the GOP did it. "We won in 2010 and that didn't happen. No Republican incumbent lost. It… Read full this story
- Amid a 'Clusterf***' of Glitches, House GOP Wants Democrats to Nix Virtual Meetings and Reconvene
- Exclusive — Kevin McCarthy on House’s China Task Force: China Wants to ‘Defeat America,’ USA Must Be United in Response
- House coronavirus oversight panel asks five companies to return loans meant for small businesses
- Kevin McCarthy, House GOP Launch ‘China Task Force’ as Pelosi Investigates Trump
- GOP leader names picks for House panel overseeing virus aid
- 2020 Daily Trail Markers: How local leaders are planning for the DNC and RNC
- McCarthy on GOP CA-25 Win: ‘Help Is on the Way’
- Work from home Congress? House OKs proxy votes
- McCarthy disputes Steve King's claim about getting his committee assignments back: 'I never said that'
- House passes plan for proxy voting, despite GOP objections
Exclusive: After 2020 Gains, House GOP Leader Kevin McCarthy Eyes House GOP Majority, Speaker’s Gavel in Midterms have 324 words, post on www.breitbart.com at February 24, 2021. This is cached page on Drudgereport. If you want remove this page, please contact us.