Lê Đình Thanh, director of Thống Nhất Hospital in HCM City, donates blood on the Day of Voluntary Blood Donation held at the hospital on February 23. Photo Courtesy of the hospital HCM CITY — HCM City's Thống Nhất Hospital organised a Day of Voluntary Blood Donation for its staff on February 23 to address a shortage of blood amid the COVID-19 pandemic. Its 202 employees donated 60.2 litres, equivalent to 240.4 units of blood. It was followed by the HCM City Hospital of Haematology and Blood Transfusion and National Institute of Haematology and Blood Transfusion calling on people to donate blood. According to the institute, with the return of the pandemic before Tết, voluntary blood donation programmes had to be cancelled, leading to a shortage of blood. Its stocks are also falling, it said. The institute estimates it needs nearly 50,000 units for this month and next. VNS
- Stanley Hill, 82, Dies; Led New York City’s Biggest Public Union
- Minimum Wage Hikes in New York City Cause Restaurants to Eliminate Jobs, Cut Hours, Raise Prices
- Patients ‘Hit the Call Bell and Nobody Comes.’ Hospital Nurses Demand ‘Safe Staffing’ Levels.
- Newark Mayor Gives 2019 State Of City: Jobs, Schools, Inequality
- Will Mission-HCA deal speed closure of rural WNC hospitals?
- Photo reveals blood-splattered doorway where Jill Dando was killed
- FDA Warns: Don’t Give These Companies Your ‘Young Blood’
- We'll come to you: Panguitch hospital opens mobile clinic
- What Is the Blood of a Poor Person Worth?
- Jodie Chesney: Police reveal girl scout was stabbed in cold blood
HCM City hospital collects blood from employees have 251 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at February 23, 2021. This is cached page on Drudgereport. If you want remove this page, please contact us.