Vietnamese Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Foreign Affairs Phạm Bình Minh. — VNA/VNS Photo HÀ NỘI — Keeping the society safe against pandemics is the best way to ensure each member can fully enjoy their human rights. That was the message from Vietnamese Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Foreign Affairs Phạm Bình Minh speaking during a High-level Segment of the 46th Regular Session of the United Nation Human Rights Council (UNHRC) via video conference on February 22. Minh told the event that the COVID-19 pandemic had claimed the lives of millions, affected the well-being of billions around the world, and had strained public health and social security systems of all countries, triggering and exacerbating various human rights challenges. However, “Việt Nam continues to put emphasis on the protection and promotion of all human rights and fundamental freedoms of our people, even in this most difficult of times," he said, adding that the country had tackled the pandemic head on, putting the people at the centre of all its efforts. Prompt and determined actions had been taken to control outbreaks to protect the health and safety of the people as a matter of top priority. Efforts were also made to maintain economic growth and… Read full this story
- OPINION Death Hasn't Softened Right-Wing Bloggers Toward Cronkite
- What Is the Future of Humans in Space?
- Palantir has secretly been using New Orleans to test its predictive policing technology
- The Latest: Israeli military sends aid to Gaza
- The Latest: US envoy to UN: Israel acted with ‘restraint’
- Nine Cautionary Tales
- Mind Games: The Tortured Lives of ‘Targeted Individuals’
- Space scientist, geologist Farouk El-Baz to receive 2018 Inamori Ethics Prize
- As Trump mulls a pullout, IS attempts to re-emerge in Syria
- Protests, anger a month after Brazil activist slain
Việt Nam presents candidature for membership of UN Human Rights Council have 295 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at February 23, 2021. This is cached page on Drudgereport. If you want remove this page, please contact us.