MAINTAINING a healthy weight can help reduce your risk of 13 different types of cancer, experts have claimed. More than one in 20 cancer cases are caused by excess weight with the risk of the disease developing the longer you remain overweight, studies have shown. Obesity is one of the leading, preventable causes of cancer in the UK, according to experts. And there are 13 different cancers thought to be linked to carrying excess weight. They are: Breast cancer Bowel cancer Pancreatic Oesophageal Gallbladder Womb Ovarian cancer Kidney Liver Upper stomach Myeloma (a type of blood cancer) Meningioma (a type of brain tumour) Thyroid Martin Richardson, medical director and weight loss surgeon at Transform Hospital Group said more than a quarter of the UK population is living with obesity. He added: “The number of people experiencing weight problems is expected to rise very significantly in the next 20 years – so the health crisis is time critical." New research from Transform Hospital Group shows 64 per cent of people surveyed said they put weight on during lockdown. Twelve per cent of participants said they had put on 6kg (just under a stone at 13lbs). Of those surveyed, 68 per cent said… Read full this story
- Chargers tackle D.J. Fluker losing weight to improve his speed
- Weight loss: “My dress was so tight, it tore right in front of everyone”
- Breastfed babies may face more than DOUBLE the risk of developing food allergies 'because of their delayed introduction to potential triggers'
- Wake-up call: Drivers concerned after weight penetrates windshield
- Types of concrete: Which type of concrete would be most suitable for your building or construction activity?
- Broncos’ Latimer joins fight against cancer in honor of dad
- Dos Santos, Miocic take distinct paths to UFC on FOX 13
- Crawford’s career night helps SLU hold off Texas-Pan American
- You DON'T need to cut out red meat: Scientists say official advice on eating less beef, pork and lamb is based on bad evidence and having it four times a week poses 'NO cancer risk'
- UNC coach Sylvia Hatchell keeping strength during cancer treatment
How losing weight can help reduce your risk of 13 types of cancer have 338 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at March 22, 2021. This is cached page on Drudgereport. If you want remove this page, please contact us.