At least 22 COVID-19 patients on ventilator support died on Wednesday due to an interrupted supply of medical oxygen at a civic-run hospital at Nashik in Maharashtra caused by the leakage of the gas from a storage plant, officials said. A senior civic official said of the 150 patients admitted to the hospital, 23 were on ventilator support at the time of the incident while the rest were on oxygen support. “As per the current information, 22 people have died due to the interrupted supply of oxygen at the Zakir Hussain municipal hospital. The patients were on ventilators as well as on oxygen supply, which got interrupted after the leakage in the oxygen supply tank,” district collector Suraj Mandhare told reporters. He said the municipal corporation immediately shifted dura cylinders from other facilities in the city to help the patients at the Zakir Hussain Hospital. According to local officials, the oxygen leakage was noticed around 12.30 pm, following which hospital authorities were alerted. Hospital officials in turn contacted municipal commissioner Kailash Jadhav seeking technical help to stop the leakage, they said. Mandhare said a private company looks after the maintenance of the oxygen storage tank located on the premises of… Read full this story
- Woman on Oxygen Tank Dies After Power Company Cut Off Electricity Due to Overdue Bill
- Woman dies after company cuts off power to her home
- Mother of sickened teen sues Wanaque center where 10 have died in adenovirus outbreak
- Woman dies after utility company cuts off power to home
- Darcy the French Bulldog saved by flight attendants with oxygen mask, letter says
- A dying man's wish to be baptized with his wife granted
- Indian man dies after being sucked into an MRI machine while carrying an oxygen cylinder
- Wichita Falls: Out of breath: Why did David Sheppard and Daniel Arredondo die?
- An oxygen machine was keeping an ailing woman alive. Then the power company shut off her electricity.
- Kenya: Cancer Patients Worried as KNH Runs Out of Drug
22 Covid patients die in oxygen tank leak in Nashik have 319 words, post on www.rediff.com at April 21, 2021. This is cached page on Drudgereport. If you want remove this page, please contact us.