BEIJING – Chinese State Councilor and Foreign Minister Wang Yi on Wednesday attended a reception marking the 60th anniversary of diplomatic relations with Laos. Wang said facing the new era, new opportunities and new changes, the two sides should follow the consensus reached by the top leaders of the two parties and countries to implement the action plan on the China-Laos community with a shared future, consolidate solidarity and mutual trust, step up exchanges on governance, firmly adhere to the socialist direction and safeguard common strategic interests. The two sides should further synergize development strategies, overcome the disruption of the epidemic, continue to jointly build the Belt and Road (BRI) in a high-quality manner and upgrade pragmatic cooperation, Wang said. “We should always be good neighbors, good friends, good comrades and good partners. We should firmly support each other in safeguarding national sovereignty, security and development interests, jointly uphold true multilateralism, set an example in carrying forward and implementing the Five Principles of Peaceful Coexistence, and encourage the international community to jointly build a community with a shared future for mankind,” Wang added. Lao ambassador to China Khamphao Ernthavanh said Laos attaches great importance to developing relations with China and… Read full this story
- Hong Kong marks 15th anniversary with new boss
- Fragile Relations – China's ties with Taiwan are improving but that doesn't make things easier
- What do the recent Japan, China, South Korea talks mean?
- China and Russia cement economic and diplomatic ties
- Greensburg Central Catholic marks 60 years of education, service
- Rights Situation in China Did Not Improve in 2009
- China’s Communist Party to celebrate 70 years in power
- Trade and investment - New priorities for Asian-African ties
- Tibetan leaders in exile discuss democracy after 60 years of Chinese rule
- China and India must learn to get along
Chinese FM attends reception marking 60th anniversary of China-Laos ties have 289 words, post on www.chinadaily.com.cn at April 22, 2021. This is cached page on Drudgereport. If you want remove this page, please contact us.