In the census showdown between Minnesota and New York, Minnesotans are celebrating coming out ahead. When they meet on the baseball diamond, the rivalry between Minnesota and New York isn't much to see: The Yankees have won more than 300 more games against the Twins than the Twins have taken from the Bronx Bombers — including a 13-game Yankees winning streak in the playoffs. But in an altogether more rare match-up, in a contest for the 435th and final seat in the House of Representatives, Minnesota came out ahead this week, besting New York for the very last seat allocated by the decennial U.S. census by the narrowest margin in the modern history of the reapportionment process. ADVERTISEMENT Now, Minnesotans have declared victory in the perpetual battle for bragging rights between states. "This is big. Proud of you, Minnesota," Gov. Tim Walz Tim Walz Minnesota takes joy in beating New York for last House seat Sharpton eulogizes Daunte Wright: ‘Tags of racism’ have expired Minnesota governor calls for ‘systemic reform’ after Chauvin verdict MORE (D) wrote on Twitter, highlighting MPR News reporter Brian Bakst's story. This is big. Proud of you, Minnesota. https://t.co/AYjmzlsRQj — Governor Tim Walz (@GovTimWalz) April 26, 2021… Read full this story
- 'It's Like a Cult': How a Hyped New York Art Gallery Built Its Name on Exploitation
- Sonali Bendre rediscovers simple joys of life as she returns home after cancer treatment in New York
- How two New York rivals can capitalize on Cuomo’s bad 2018
- 3 Ways To Make The Most Of Your Week In New York City
- Helicopter operator involved in deadly New York crash now gives passengers chance to bring their DOGS on 'doors off' tours as Chuck Schumer demands FAA take action on loopholes that lets company swerve safety standards
- EXCLUSIVE: Malcolm's hair-raising trip! The dumped PM visits a New York City hair removal salon - as his incredible taxpayer-funded travel perk is revealed
- New York Auto Show: Chevrolet's Minicars — Which One Should They Build?
- New York's Island of Lost Souls: The largest mass burial site in America where more than 1 MILLION nameless adults and babies are laid to rest in trenches dug by inmates
- New York Mayor de Blasio puts off homeless advocate: 'I'm in the middle of a workout'
- Olivia Wilde stuns in a hot pink floral print dress at Dunkin' Donuts Coffee at Home photo shoot in New York
Minnesota takes joy in beating New York for last House seat have 396 words, post on thehill.com at April 30, 2021. This is cached page on Drudgereport. If you want remove this page, please contact us.