People stand in line to get a vaccine against the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) outside the Stockholmsmassan exhibition center, turned mass vaccination centre, in Stockholm, Sweden, April 8, 2021. (Photo from TT News Agency via REUTERS) STOCKHOLM — Sweden's Health Agency said on Wednesday it would pause plans to start vaccinations using Johnson & Johnson's COVID-19 vaccine following reports of rare blood clots similar to those reported for the AstraZeneca shot. The Health Agency said in a statement it would not start the vaccinations and await the findings of a review by the European Medicines Agency (EMA). The vaccine has not yet been used in Sweden though a first batch of 31,000 doses has arrived in the country. U.S. federal health agencies have recommended pausing the use of the Johnson & Johnson (J&J) COVID-19 vaccine after six recipients developed a rare disorder involving blood clots. Following the news, J&J said it was delaying the rollout of the vaccine to Europe. "We are now looking to the EMA review as well as information from the United States before we consider the recommendations in Sweden," Chief Epidemiologist Anders Tegnell said. "Until then, the recommendation is to not use the vaccine doses." The Health… Read full this story
- COVID-19 Vaccine to Be Free in US, Official Says
- Process to develop COVID-19 vaccine follows global norms: ICMR on Covaxin trials
- “Made-in-Vietnam” COVID-19 vaccine expected within nine months
- Vaccine experts want the FDA to commit to 30,000 people in Covid-19 vaccine trials
- Elon Musk’s Tesla to help pharma company in development of COVID-19 vaccine
- Lobbying battle brewing over access to COVID-19 vaccine
- Human trials of Covaxin, India’s first Covid-19 vaccine, to begin soon: All you need to know
- DR ELLIE CANNON: Your country needs YOU... to join me and become a guinea pig for the UK's Covid-19 vaccine trials
- Panel of experts outside the government could determine who gets the COVID-19 vaccine first, NIH director says
- Who would be the first to get a Covid-19 vaccine?
Sweden pauses plans for J&J COVID-19 vaccinations, awaits review have 332 words, post on newsinfo.inquirer.net at April 15, 2021. This is cached page on Drudgereport. If you want remove this page, please contact us.