Rescue workers gather at the site of a metro train accident after an overpass for a metro partially collapsed in Mexico City on May 3, 2021. At least 13 people were killed and dozens injured in a metro train accident in the Mexican capital on May 3, the authorities said. AFP/VNA Photo MEXICO CITY An elevated metro line collapsed in the Mexican capital on Monday, leaving at least 15 people dead and dozens injured as a passing train came crashing down, authorities said. Security camera footage broadcast by local media showed the carriages plunging towards the ground in the south of the city. “So far we have 15 people who unfortunately lost their lives,” Mexico City Mayor Claudia Sheinbaum told reporters at the scene. The city’s civil defense department said on Twitter that around 70 others were injured in the dramatic accident. Dozens of emergency workers were seen trying to rescue victims from the carriages. But the work later had to be suspended because of fears the wreckage was too unstable. “For now the rescue has been suspended because the train is very weak. A crane is coming to continue” the work, Sheinbaum said. Part of the train was hanging… Read full this story
- At Least 20 Dead, Dozens Hurt as Ruptured Pipeline Explodes in Central Mexico
- Death Toll in Mexico's Gasoline Pipeline Blast Increases to 109 - Authorities
- THREE cranes collapse in hurricane winds, damaging buildings and sparking fears that more could topple and cause carnage
- Bolivian president flees to Mexico: Evo Morales holds up Mexican flag on board air force jet as he flies to the country after they offered him asylum when he was forced to quit
- America's aging dams could put tens of thousands of people across 44 states at risk of deadly floods as 1,700 are rated 'poor or unsatisfactory'
- Sydney firestorm lockdown: Hundreds of schools and nursing homes CLOSE, roads are shut and the army is called in as a deadly ring of fire bears down and thick black smoke blankets the city
- Plagued by deadly attacks, members of this Mormon community are fleeing Mexico
- Bangladesh: Many dead in train collision
- Woman, 63, found dead in her home during NSW bushfires 'had packed her car to leave' but never made it out, as firefighters brace for conditions to get even worse in days ahead
- Meet six artists making the public art you’ll soon see on Metro’s Crenshaw/LAX Line
15 dead, dozens hurt as elevated metro collapses in Mexico have 388 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at May 4, 2021. This is cached page on Drudgereport. If you want remove this page, please contact us.