Vietnam reported no new Covid-19 cases on the morning of May 2, marking 12 hours without community transmission, according to the National Steering Committee for Covid-19 Prevention and Control. As of 6am, May 2, 2021, the total number of confirmed Covid-19 cases remained at 1,587, of whom 927 were new cases detected between January 27 and May 2, 2021. Localities around the country are tightening pandemic prevention measures. Photo: Kinh te & Do thi More than 40,563 people are being quarantined across the country, with 541 at hospitals, 23,125 at designated facilities and 16,897 at their accommodations. According to statistic from Medical Service Administration (Ministry of Health), among the cases of Covid-19 under treatment, the number of cases tested negative for SARS-CoV-2 virus was 72. Another 1,580 people were injected with COVID-19 vaccine on May 1 throughout seven provinces and cities, including Hanoi, HCMC, Bac Ninh, Ba Ria Vung Tau, Gia Lai, Quang Ninh and Hai Duong. As of 4pm on May 1, the country has carried out Covid-19 vaccination (two shots) for 511,435 people who are health care workers treating COVID patients, front line workers in the Covid-19 pandemic fight, soldiers and police officers, among others. After locally-infected cases were detected… Read full this story
- Vietnam advised not to be negligent in the fight against COVID-19 pandemic
- District shuts down 19 schools following Covid outbreaks
- VIETNAM NEWS HEADLINES DECEMBER 9
- Vietnam works with WHO, CDC on Omicron variant
- VIETNAM NEWS HEADLINES NOVEMBER 29
- VIETNAM NEWS HEADLINES DECEMBER 1
- VIETNAM NEWS HEADLINES DECEMBER 6
- What will Vietnam do to cope with the Omicron variant?
- Coronavirus latest news: No 10 insists there are 'no plans' to make Covid vaccines mandatory
- Educators and experts welcome limited reopening of schools
Morning May 2: No new Covid-19 infections detected in Vietnam have 259 words, post on hanoitimes.vn at May 2, 2021. This is cached page on Drudgereport. If you want remove this page, please contact us.