Getty Rep. Eric Swalwell squarely blames Donald Trump and the former president’s cohorts for the violent mob that stormed the Capitol, saying he texted his wife what he believed might be his final words before he was killed. Swalwell is suing Trump, along with Donald Trump Jr. , Rudy Giuliani and Rep. Mo Brooks for encouraging the crowd to take care of business at the same time the Congress was certifying the Presidential election. Getty Swalwell says as he watched in horror as the rioters breached the Capitol, he texted his wife, “I love you very much. And our babies.” He says he listened to the House Chaplain pray for the members inside the House Chamber. Getty Swalwell’s lawsuit is the real deal because he has legal standing to sue for his personal emotional distress, although the lawsuit also suggests he has standing as a member of Congress to sue for the disruption of the electoral process. Play video content Storyful Swalwell alleges the emotional distress inflicted by the rioters was intentional on the part of Trump and company, and he outlines the various, well-chronicled examples where Trump, Trump Jr., Giuliani and Brooks ginned up the crowd both in advance… Read full this story
- California Rep. Eric Swalwell enters 2020 presidential race with focus on guns
- Rep. Eric Swalwell announces 2020 run on Colbert's 'Late Show'
- Rep. Eric Swalwell Wades Into an Already Crowded 2020 Field
- Northern California congressman Eric Swalwell joins 2020 Democratic presidential contest
- Eric Swalwell enters 2020 fray
- Eric Swalwell Announces White House Bid On Stephen Colbert’s Show, Setting Late Night Record
- Eric Swalwell Announces 2020 Presidential Run
- Rep. Eric Massa quits House over sex scandal: 'This ethics issue is my fault and mine alone'
- Swalwell: Dems Will 'Conduct Investigations Republicans Wouldn't'
- Swalwell Announces Presidential Bid: I’m a ‘Leader Who Is Willing to Go Big’
Rep Eric Swalwell Sues Trump Over Riot, I Thought I Was Going to Die have 296 words, post on www.tmz.com at May 3, 2021. This is cached page on Drudgereport. If you want remove this page, please contact us.