Dian Septiari (The Jakarta Post) PREMIUM Jakarta ● Thu, June 17 2021 Indonesia called for unity among member states at the ASEAN Defense Ministerial Meeting (ADMM) this week, as growing great power rivalries overshadowed the region. Hosted by Brunei second defense minister Awang Halbi, ASEAN defense ministers met virtually on Tuesday and Wednesday for the ADMM as well as the ADMM+, which is a forum involving their counterparts from ASEAN dialogue partners, Australia, China, India, Japan, New Zealand, South Korea, Russia and the United States. Indonesia raised the need to reinforce the ASEAN Outlook on the Indo-Pacific from the defense perspective in order to reaffirm the group's position in maintaining peace and security in the Indo-Pacific region. “It is very important for ASEAN to view this region as a unified whole, and not to allow a bigger power to potentially divide ASEAN,” Defense Minister Prab… to Read Full Story SUBSCRIBE NOW Starting from IDR 55,000/month Unlimited access to our content on web and app No advertising, no interruption A bonus subscription to share Bookmark and night mode functions on app Subscription to our newsletters We accept Register to read 3 premium articles for free Already subscribed? login
- Iran's Rouhani calls for unity, accuses Trump of exploiting rift
- Vietnam takes over Chairmanship of ASEAN Committee
- ASEAN needs to rely on its own strengths to drive growth: economists
- Piracy spike in Singapore Strait prompts calls for tighter security
- ASEAN Secretariat invites India for meeting on RCEP in Bali
- Oprah Winfrey calls out sexual harassers in powerful Globes speech: 'Their time is up'
- India Seeking to Strengthen Defense Partnership With Israel - Foreign Office
- Magecart gang arrested in Indonesia
- Defense Minister works with General Department of Politics
- McConnell struggles to maintain GOP unity post-Bolton
Indonesia calls for ASEAN unity in defense sector have 280 words, post on www.thejakartapost.com at June 17, 2021. This is cached page on Drudgereport. If you want remove this page, please contact us.