In California , 12% of adults say they will not get vaccinated, according to UCLA Center for Health Policy Research study. When one pairs that with the roughly 16% of the population under 13 years old who cannot get the vaccine and also those adults who are ineligible due to health issues, it seems about 25% of the state's population may not get vaccinated any time soon. That's a troubling prospect, since most infectious disease experts put herd immunity at between 70% and 85% of the population being vaccinated. If 25% will not get vaccinated, then the ceiling for vaccinations in the state is already on the low end of that projected range. Newsom has been asked every day this week about surging Covid numbers in the state and the possibility for renewed restrictions. His answers has been uniform. He has stressed the state has no plans for new restrictions, proposing the following instead: "Get vaccinated. We can end this thing quickly. If everybody got vaccinated we could end this thing in a month or so." State officials also pointed out that, for the week of July 7-14, the average case rate among unvaccinated Californians is 13 per 100,000 and… Read full this story
- New study puts fear of HIV transmission to bed in patients compliant with treatment
- With state executions on hold, death penalty foes rethink ballot strategy
- California lawmakers advance vaccine exemption crackdown toward passage
- Millennials are more sceptical of vaccines because they haven't been 'exposed to the reality of a number of diseases'
- The Anti-Vaccination Movement Is Working with the Nation of Islam to Scare Black Families
- Hope for a herpes vaccine after a trial of an experimental jab prevented sores and blistering in rodents that were infected with the virus
- Youngsters who haven't had jabs could face a school BAN: Health Secretary Matt Hancock says 'bold' action is needed to tackle plunging vaccination rates
- Every Single Flu Vaccine Myth, Debunked
- MMR vaccine does NOT cause autism says scientists after study of 650,000 children
- Above-ground power lines grow in risk as climate changes
25% Of Californians May Not Get Vaccinated, Says Study; Puts Newsom’s Victory By Vaccination Strategy At Risk have 332 words, post on deadline.com at July 25, 2021. This is cached page on Drudgereport. If you want remove this page, please contact us.