Play video content Exclusive 1/6/21 Storyful 3:55 PM PT — It was just announced that U.S. Capitol Police Chief Steven Sund will resign, effective January 16. The U.S. Capitol Police Dept. may have been able to thwart Wednesday’s attempted coup if it had all hands on deck, but we’ve learned they had less than ONE-QUARTER of the force working … despite multiple, clear warnings the protest could turn violent. Capitol Police sources tell TMZ … 500 officers were working Wednesday as President Trump revved up the huge crowd of his supporters upset over the election results — giving them their marching orders with the Capitol as the final destination. Trump has been dog-whistling for weeks now, promising something big would happen on January 6. With that backdrop, the Capitol Police are 2,200 strong, yet only 500 were on duty. The way it works in most police departments around the country … when there’s the possibility of social unrest it’s all hands on deck. That did not happen here. Gallery Launch Gallery Getty Our source says the police believed they had enough staff to contain any unrest … by setting up barricades and locking up the 3 House office buildings –… Read full this story
- Florida Police Chief Told Cops to Pin Crimes on African-American Teens, Adults, to Boost Crime Stats: Report
- Florida Cop Accused of Using Police Database to Pick Up Women
- Sex Crimes | Deadly Crashes: El Cerrito, East Bay Police Log
- Louisiana police chief apologizes to family of a black man shot and killed by a cop who 'should have never been hired'
- Louisiana Town Swears in Police Chief Who Really Likes Racism
- Parklife reveller's heartwarming apology letter to police after 'real tangle'
- Police Framed 16-Year-Old for Burglaries To Boost Crime Stats: Prosecutors
- Shocking body cam footage shows Texas cop accidentally shooting dead a homeless woman, 30, while firing at her barking dog
- After Cops Get Soaked On Scorching Weekend, NYPD Makes 3 Arrests
- White Cop to Black Kids: 'Wait Till Your Asses Turn 18. Then You're Mine'
Capitol Police Only a Fraction of Cops On Duty, Chief Resigns have 318 words, post on www.tmz.com at July 1, 2021. This is cached page on Drudgereport. If you want remove this page, please contact us.