TRUSTING EXPERIENCE by Cricbuzz Staff • Published on Share Tweet Sarfaraz managed just a run-a-ball 13 in his ODI comeback © AFP Pakistan captain Babar Azam threw his weight behind former captain Sarfaraz Ahmed, who got rare game time in the series decider against South Africa on April 7. Sarfaraz’s ODI captaincy stint was brought to an end following a disappointing 50-over World Cup in 2019 for the team as well as himself. Sarfaraz featured in just two ODIs in – September-October 2019 – after the showpiece event, and has relinquished his spot behind the stumps and in the middle-order to Mohammad Rizwan. Wednesday’s appearance was his first since October 2019, where he managed a run-a-ball 13 in Pakistan’s essay of 320. Sarfaraz’s inclusion in itself became a topic of discussion, but captain Azam reiterated his trust in the senior player. “We trust him, that’s why he is with us,” Babar said after his team’s victory. “In ODIs, we will try to utilize him as much as we can as wicketkeeper and batsman at No. 5.” Though the opportunity for Sarfaraz presented itself only due to Shadab Khan’s injury, Azam admitted that bringing in the 33-year-old was a decision based… Read full this story
- Babar Azam Named Pakistan Vice-Captain, Sarfaraz Ahmed Remains Captain
- Pakistan vs Sri Lanka: Babar Azam Becomes Fastest Pakistan Batsman To Score 1000 Runs In Calendar Year
- Sarfaraz Ahmed retained as Pakistan captain, Babar Azam made vice-captain
- "Aim Is To Become World Best Batsman": Babar Azam After Pakistan's Win Over New Zealand
- Babar Azam is among the best in the world, but does Pakistan know that?
- Pakistan Cricketer Babar Azam's Popularity Crashes Somerset Website
- Sarfaraz Ahmed and Babar Azam to take charge of Pakistan domestic sides
- Babar Azam Stars As Pakistan Beat New Zealand To Keep World Cup Hopes Alive
- Will try to emulate Williamson, Kohli as captain - Babar Azam
- Can Babar Azam's Pakistan stop a rampaging Australia?
In ODIs, we'll try to utilise Sarfaraz as much as we can - Babar Azam have 309 words, post on www.cricbuzz.com at July 7, 2021. This is cached page on Drudgereport. If you want remove this page, please contact us.