IPL 2021 by Vijay Tagore & Aayush Puthran • Last updated on Share Tweet Opinions see-saw over IPL schedule © BCCI The 2021 Indian Premier League schedule has been drafted in a way to ensure that no team gets to play in its home ground. The reason for that is multi fold, understands Cricbuzz. Not only does it ensure that there is parity on the field for all teams, but it also ensures none of them get an advantage of brand activation over the other, given that the home venues of Sunrisers Hyderabad, Rajasthan Royals and Punjab Kings were not considered for hosting the games in the upcoming season. However, by addressing the concerns of three teams, who had opposed the six-venue proposal , five other teams could be less than satisfied with the released schedule. Again the reasons for that carry various hues. “You are denying MS Dhoni to play his potential last IPL in Chennai. If there are to be no crowds, what stops CSK to play in Chennai and Mumbai Indians to play in Mumbai,” asks one of the franchise officials. “Delhi have players like Prithvi Shaw, Ajinkya Rahane and skipper Shreyas Iyer who are from Mumbai… Read full this story
- IPL 2018, KKR vs RCB: Sunil Narine, Nitish Rana star as Knight Riders beat Royal Challengers
- IPL 2018: RCB vs KXIP preview: Playing 11s, Timings, Live streaming & More as Kohli eyes 1st win
- Opinion: Here’s how coronavirus is affecting the people in my world. How about yours?
- Sudan Finally Banned Female Genital Mutilation. But Will This Be Enforced? | Opinion
- Opinion: Bill Barr is acting like Trump’s wing man. Again
- Remote Work Is Here to Stay. But What Does That Mean for Productivity—and Mental Health? | Opinion
- In a Bid to Weaken America, China Extends a Hand to the States | Opinion
- Outsourcing U.S. Drug Manufacturing to China was a Mistake—A Lethal One | Opinion
- Newt Gingrich: 'If Elections Were Today' Polls Are Meaningless. Biden Will Implode Come November | Opinion
- We are Republicans and Democrats. Vote By Mail Is Essential to Protect Voters—and Democracy Itself | Opinion
Opinions see-saw over IPL schedule have 337 words, post on www.cricbuzz.com at July 7, 2021. This is cached page on Drudgereport. If you want remove this page, please contact us.