close Video Chauvin reportedly close to plea requiring him to publicly discuss George Floyd’s death Criminal defense attorney Mark Eiglarsh reacts to the potential deal with federal prosecutors on ‘The Story’ Three former Minneapolis police officers charged with violating George Floyd ‘s civil rights are asking that their federal trials be separated from the trial of Derek Chauvin, who has already been convicted on state murder charges for kneeling on Floyd’s neck as the Black man pleaded for air. Attorneys for J. Kueng and Tou Thao said in court filings Tuesday that their clients would be unfairly prejudiced if they went to trial alongside Chauvin. An attorney for Thomas Lane filed a motion asking to join in his co-defendants’ request. Keung’s attorney, Tom Plunkett, said evidence against Chauvin would confuse the jury and deprive Kueng of his right to a fair trial. He also said there is a conflict of interest due to Chauvin’s level of culpability in Floyd’s death, saying “the jurors will not be able to follow the Court's instructions and compartmentalize the evidence as it related to Mr. Kueng.” MINNESOTA SETS NEW STATE RECORDS FOR MURDERS, ASSAULTS ON POLICE OFFICERS IN 2020 A federal grand jury indicted… Read full this story
- Kelly Thomas case: 5 years later, feds say no criminal charges against Fullerton police officers
- Officer charged with homicide in fatal shooting of teen
- South Africa: 'Racist' Police Officer in Court On Crimen Injuria Charges
- Rosario: When to release body camera video in police shooting cases?
- Officer arrested after he allegedly choked wife at San Antonio home
- Ex-doctor arrested in 1988 Texas attack, recent death
- New Details in Death of Ex-Phoenix Cop's Daughter: Severe Neglect, Abuse Alleged
- Florida Cops Tell Conflicting Stories After Fatally Shooting Unarmed Ex-Football Star in the Back
- Domestic Abuse Charges Against These Men Reduced and Then This Happened
- MS-13: How an FBI Informant Risked Death to Bring America’s Most Brutal Gang to Justice
Ex-Minneapolis police officers charged in George Floyd death request separate federal trial from Derek Chauvin have 318 words, post on www.foxnews.com at August 4, 2021. This is cached page on Drudgereport. If you want remove this page, please contact us.