SRI LANKA TOUR OF ENGLAND, 2021 by Cricbuzz Staff • Published on Share Tweet Nuwan Pradeep missed the recent series against Bangladesh. © AFP After days of uncertainty due to the player contract issues , Sri Lanka have finally named the squad for their white-ball tour to England later this month. Kusal Perera, who was newly appointed as the limited-overs captain during the recent ODI series in Bangladesh, will lead the 24-member squad chosen by the national selectors. Nuwan Pradeep makes his return to the squad that has quite a few uncapped players in the mix. Barring Ashen Bandara, all the players who made it to the Bangladesh tour recently, have been retained. Apart from Pradeep, the additions are all new faces, as a part of the team management’s plans to build for the future. It also means that the likes of Angelo Mathews, Dinesh Chandimal and Dimuth Karunaratne remain out of contention for the time being. Last week, Sri Lankan cricketers were allegedly unhappy with the latest player contracts and had decided against signing them, delaying the squad announcement by a few days. With the issues resolved and the squad now named, the Sri Lankan team is expected to… Read full this story
- London, England - Hyde Park
- Maradona, Simply Great - Part 4
- Cricket - A Guide to the Game - Seven Things That Distinguish the One Day Cricket Match
- What is Wrong With Arsenal?
- The BEST First Ride to Montana - Leg 1 - Columbia Gorge to Walla Walla, WA
- Road to the Blue Mountains in Australia
- A Short History of the Verdelho Wine Grape
- Bring Back Gary McCord to the Masters As a Golf Commentator
- The Problem With SA Rugby - My Blueprint For Success
- The Burn & Turn Legends of Poker
Nuwan Pradeep returns to SL white-ball squad for England tour have 284 words, post on www.cricbuzz.com at August 8, 2021. This is cached page on Drudgereport. If you want remove this page, please contact us.