PRINCE Andrew is hiding in his royal mansion to avoid officials trying to serve a rape lawsuit on him, it is claimed. Security guards stopped "multiple attempts" by lawyers last week to hand the document to The Duke of York at Royal Lodge. It accuses Andrew, 61, of raping sex slave Virginia Guiffre in 2001 when she was a "frightened and vulnerable child". The mum of three, now 38 — who says she was "lent out" by disgraced Jeffrey Epstein and his madame Ghislaine Maxwell — is demanding damages. Prince Andrew, not seen in public for 19 days, is said to be refusing to leave his home, which is set in 98 private acres in Windsor Great Park, Berks. If he refuses to accept the civil summons, issued by a New York court clerk three weeks ago, the Duke risks facing a "judgment by default" next month. An insider said "more attempts will be made" to hand the papers to Andrew but a source said: "There's no way he will risk poking his head outside right now. He will stay out of view." A spokesman for the Duke did not wish to comment. Most read in The Sun Exclusive ‘ROCK… Read full this story
- EXCLUSIVE: Princess Beatrice and her mother Sarah Ferguson tried to talk Prince Andrew OUT of giving BBC interview but he ignored their advice and listened to his chief of staff Amanda Thirsk instead say friends
- Exposed: The damning details of Prince Andrew's deals with tax haven tycoons... so does THIS help explain how he funds his billionaire lifestyle?
- Prince Andrew’s financial future in doubt amid Epstein debacle
- Jeffrey Epstein's 'madam' Ghislaine Maxwell is pictured just days after secretly meeting Prince Andrew at Buckingham Palace in June
- Chris Evans tries to take a shortcut in his £1.2m Aston Martin through disgraced Prince Andrew's Windsor estate but is STOPPED 'and told off' by guards
- Prince Andrew MUST talk to the FBI about paedophile Jeffrey Epstein because he 'is not above the law', Diana's former butler Paul Burrell tells GMB
- The Prince Andrew Papers: How tycoon David Rowland went from scrap dealer’s son to meeting the Queen at Balmoral
- RICHARD LITTLEJOHN: Prince Andrew has behaved badly but he's no Jimmy Savile
- Epstein’s ‘first victim’ tells of harrowing rape and urges Prince Andrew and Ghislaine Maxwell ‘to give answers’
- Prince Andrew’s ‘public existence has been wiped out,’ says royal expert: ‘The royals can move very swiftly'
Prince Andrew ‘hiding in royal mansion to avoid officials trying to serve rape lawsuit on him’ have 410 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at August 28, 2021. This is cached page on Drudgereport. If you want remove this page, please contact us.