Gold: Which? expert discusses investing in coins and bars Make the most of your money by signing up to our newsletter for FREE now SUBSCRIBE Invalid email We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info As inflation continues to rise and record low interest rates prove cash savings to be an ineffective method, Glint 's research suggests that gold may be the next best option for savers. In the last 20 years house prices have increased by 175 percent with gold rising 556 percent in the same time period. Related articles British expats in Spain set to suffer from tax rise because of EU Inheritance tax warning: More families ‘will be forced to pay’ READ MORE ‘It’s unbelievable’ Woman ‘struggling for rent’ is given £5,000 The research indicated that potential first-time homeowners could spend an extra four years saving for a deposit in cash rather than in gold. Alternative currencies, investments and savings types are quickly gaining momentum and may soon overtake traditional methods of financial wellbeing. One… Read full this story
- Greece gets more cash as coalition talks fail
- Surge in anonymous Asia Twitter accounts sparks bot fears
- Cash-loving Japanese savers opt to play it safe
- Is commerical mediation a face saver?
- Central bankers debate risks of withdrawing global liquidity
- World offers cash, defence means to Kadhafi foes
- Global recovery at risk: IMF
- ECB, hit by lone protester, pledges to keep cash floodgates open
- High inflation remains the biggest threat
- As Myanmar emerges from junta's shadow, war veterans left behind
'Risk getting left behind' - Cash savers told of 'clear alternative' as inflation surges have 274 words, post on www.express.co.uk at August 28, 2021. This is cached page on Drudgereport. If you want remove this page, please contact us.