AMSTERDAM: A woman whose daughter was among 298 people who died when a Malaysia Airlines jet was shot down over Ukraine said on Friday she wanted to look the suspects in the eye and “make them feel our loss and pain”. Relatives of the victims of flight MH17, brought down over rebel-held eastern Ukraine in 2014, denounced the “senseless and brutal” deaths of their loved ones during the trial of four suspects accused in the disaster. Their testimony concluded three weeks of statements from 90 relatives from eight countries. They told the judges about the impact of the loss on their lives and their hopes for justice. Prosecutor Alwin Dam said many relatives have issues with the “amount of misinformation and conspiracy theories that are spread about MH17” and the fact that no one has claimed responsibility. The plane was flying from Amsterdam to Kuala Lumpur when it was hit by what international investigators and prosecutors say was a Russian surface-to-air missile. Jeanne Hornikx’s daughter Astrid, 31, and Astrid’s partner Bart, 40, were among those on board. Hornikx showed the judges a tattoo of her daughter’s fingerprint, saying “that is how she was identified”. “I would like to look the… Read full this story
- Murderer Oscar Pistorius claims he was ‘paraded like an animal’ in a cage in prison – as he is deemed too depressed to testify at sentencing
- Andrew’s Law is the only path to peace for grieving family of PC Andrew Harper
- Wife's haunting diary entries discovered after she's found dead in pool of blood
- Man Known as ‘Human Crime Wave’ Gets Life Without Parole for Killing Chicago Cop
- Wall of Moms may have imploded but Black-led groups are picking up where it left off in Portland
- Woman killed friend by pushing her down stairs after £200 Morocco holiday row
- UK Parliament’s APPG and its phony mission in Nigeria
- Nicole Brown Simpson’s sister says she attempted suicide 10 years after murder: 'I went big'
- The Myth of the Central Park Five
- Face to face with Radovan Karadzic
'Loss and pain': Families testify at Dutch MH17 trial have 329 words, post on www.thestar.com.my at September 25, 2021. This is cached page on Drudgereport. If you want remove this page, please contact us.