MANILA, Philippines — Manila has distributed 622 vials of anti-inflammatory drug tocilizumab to parts of Luzon, the Visayas, and Mindanao for use on patients with severe or critical COVID-19, according to a statement issued on Tuesday by the city's Public Information Office. The vials were given to 12 cities in Metro Manila, 17 areas in Luzon, three in the Visayas, and three in Mindanao. The Department of Health (DOH) is currently struggling to procure tocilizumab, which is currently in short supply. Undersecretary Maria Rosario Vergeire, the spokesperson of the DOH, said the health had started coordinating with various suppliers of the tocilizumab, such as Switzerland and Iran. READ: DOH scrambles for supply of COVID drugs Manila Mayor Francisco "Isko Moreno" Domagoso himself earlier urged the national government to focus funds on the procurement of COVID-19 drugs, like tocilizumab and remdesivir, instead of face shields — especially amid the recent surge of COVID-19 cases caused by the more transmissible Delta variant. READ: Isko urges gov't: Instead of face shields, buy tocilizumab and remdesivir As of Tuesday, Sept. 14, the Philippines had a total of 2,266,066 COVID-19 cases , which includes 177,670 active infections, 2,052,867 recoveries, and 35,529 deaths. Meanwhile, Metro Manila… Read full this story
- Tennessee doctor pleads guilty to over-prescribing opioids and faces 20 years in prison after 5 patients died and 6 overdosed on drugs he gave them
- Saudi treats 8,000 eye patients, conducts 694 surgeries in Nigeria
- Snakebites kill 45,000 people every year. So why isn’t it healthcare priority?
- 'It was a cover-up': Lawsuit claims Seattle hospital KNEW for 20 years that its air system was filled with dead birds, slimy water and mold that sickened 14 children and killed six
- Their kids died on the psych ward. They were far from alone, a Times investigation found
- Milwaukee warns people to stop vaping 'immediately' as health officials investigate outbreak of severe lung illnesses after one death and nearly 200 hospitalizations are linked to e-cigarettes
- Key Moments from Michael Jackson Death Trial
- Solutions chased as falling prices hit the Philippines
- Revealed: Britain was hit by TWO blackout 'scares' in the last three months as experts blame the UK's over-reliance on wind energy for the worst power cut in years - but boss of National Grid claims 'the system worked really well'
- Indian Health Search Portal Practo Lands $90M Led By Tencent For Global Expansion
Manila distributes 622 vials of tocilizumab for COVID-19 patients nationwide have 374 words, post on newsinfo.inquirer.net at September 15, 2021. This is cached page on Drudgereport. If you want remove this page, please contact us.