New Zealand called off their limited-overs series in Pakistan on Friday , citing a security threat. The decision to abandon the tour came as a massive blow to Pakistan, who have been trying to revive international tours in the country. New Zealand’s decision to cancel the series came just minutes after the first match was due to start. Many, including Pakistan Cricket Board’s new chief Ramiz Raja , slammed New Zealand for the abrupt cancellation, while others expressed their disappointment and came out in support of Pakistan cricket and their fans. Many former and current Pakistan cricketers took to social media to express their frustration. While former pacer Shoaib Akhtar claimed New Zealand “just killed Pakistan cricket” , others such as Wasim Akram felt there was a lot more to New Zealand’s decision than meets the eye. Extremely disappointed in NZ choice to abandon the #PAKvNZ tour. Pakistan has proven that our security measures for international games is of the highest order, making Pakistan one of the safest places in the world to play cricket today. I feel we are not hearing the whole story — Wasim Akram (@wasimakramlive) September 17, 2021 Crazy day it has been! Feel so sorry for… Read full this story
- New Zealand's bowlers shock India and head to Lord's for the World Cup final
- How will England line up without Ben Stokes against Pakistan?
- New Zealand promises bumper international summer schedule
- Joe Root has dilemmas as England go for series-clinching win against Pakistan
- Australia’s tour of England still ‘up in the air’: Mitchell Starc
- Jonathan Trott appointed England’s batting consultant for Pakistan Tests
- Pakistan’s Babar Azam punishes sloppy England in first Test
- If Pakistan draw against England, it’s nothing less than a win: Shahid Afridi
- Ben Stokes withdraws from England squad for rest of summer to be with family in New Zealand
- Out of Exile: Azhar Ali and Imran Khan on the impact of the 2009 terrorist attacks on Pakistan cricket
Pakistan vs New Zealand: How Pakistan Cricketers Reacted To New Zealand's Last-Minute Tour Pullout | Cricket News have 318 words, post on sports.ndtv.com at September 18, 2021. This is cached page on Drudgereport. If you want remove this page, please contact us.