Follow us on Telegram for the latest updates: https://t.me/mothershipsg The Ministry of Manpower (MOM) investigated claims about the current living conditions of migrant workers in the Westlite dormitory at Jalan Tukang in Jurong on Oct. 13 and found that there were delays in transporting positive Covid-19 cases to care or recovery facilities. This was after an article published on Chinese portal Weixin on Oct. 12, highlighting the scenes on the ground. The article first mentioned the alleged issues within the dormitory, including breaches of Covid-19 health protocols, workers’ inaccessibility to medical support, and poor quality of food. In response to Mothership ‘s queries, a MOM spokesperson said it is aware of the online article, and officers from MOM's Forward Assurance and Support Teams (FAST) were deployed to the dormitory on Oct. 13. The Singapore Police Force also responded to a call for assistance to the dormitory at about 12:55 pm that day. Claims made in the Chinese article The article on Weixin highlighted alleged complaints from migrant workers living in the dormitory. There were multiple screen shots of conversations by workers about the alleged breaches in Covid-19 health protocols, where confirmed Covid-19 cases were not isolated from other workers, but… Read full this story
- The Controversial Crime-Fighting Program That Changed Big-City Policing Forever
- Duck farmer hit by bird flu alert supplies meat for ready meals to Tesco, Lidl and Aldi: Goose and turkey may be off Christmas menu if outbreak spreads
- 'Joe is not playing with a full deck' says Donald Trump as Biden escalates attack on president - but is tripped up by his own gaffes including saying 'poor kids are as bright and talented as white kids'
- Final goodbye: Recalling influential people who died in 2019
- Fear and loathing in Athens: the rise of Golden Dawn and the far right
- President's address to the Parliament
- Dwayne Johnson: The Pain and the Passion That Fuel the Rock
- BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES DECEMBER 17
- State of Betrayal: Why Hillsborough Disaster Victims Won't Give Up Fight for Justice
Riot police at Jurong dorm: Workers upset over slow response to Covid-19 outbreak, poor food quality have 329 words, post on mothership.sg at October 30, 2021. This is cached page on Drudgereport. If you want remove this page, please contact us.