Nicola Sturgeon on Scottish Independence in 2015 Sign up to receive our rundown of the day’s top stories direct to your inbox SUBSCRIBE Invalid email We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info Mrs Sturgeon has pledged to remove the fleet of nuclear missile-carrying submarines from Scotland in the hypothetical scenario of Scottish independence . The Trident submarines are currently based at the Royal Navy's Faslane base on the River Clyde. The Scottish National Party (SNP) won a historic fourth term in Government at the Scottish Parliament Election in May. Related articles Brexit: Now Brussels CAVES on ‘retaliation’ threat UK chief scientist urges behavioural change to tackle climate change Since then, the party has pledged to hold another referendum on Scotland's independence from the UK by the end of 2023, if the pandemic allows. The last public vote on the issue in 2014 saw a majority of Scots reject breaking away from the UK. Prime Minister Boris Johnson remains firmly against another referendum – or 'Indyref2' – and… Read full this story
- 'Even Sturgeon is not serious' SNP's independence dream torn apart 'suicidal for Scotland'
- Sturgeon warned independent Scotland would suffer £12bn black hole 'size of NHS budget'
- Nicola Sturgeon blasted for 'biggest disaster in 20 years' amid ferry chaos
- Europe not heading for recession this year despite Ukraine crisis, says US Treasury official Wally Adeyemo
- Pop Idol sparks rumours of plans to bring back series that made Will Young and Gareth Gates famous 20 years ago
- Aisha Tyler responds after tabloid mistakenly identifies her as 20-year-old Sasha Obama
- 'Scotland would be bankrupt' Sturgeon blasted for flip-flopping on oil
- Nicola Sturgeon under mounting pressure to scrap hated SNP policy – voters turn on FM
- ‘Scotland will have to pay’ Sturgeon blasted for 'nonsense' after pension row flip flop
- 'Independence debate STALLED' Sturgeon Indyref2 plot ruined as SNP aide rejects 2023 vote
SNP may have to keep Trident in independent Scotland ‘for 20 years’ despite vow to scrap have 333 words, post on www.express.co.uk at November 10, 2021. This is cached page on Drudgereport. If you want remove this page, please contact us.