COP26: Emmanuel Macron meets Boris Johnson in Glasgow Sign up HERE for science breakthroughs in health, business and more that matter SUBSCRIBE Invalid email We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info The UK Space Agency has now provided funding for the MicroCarb mission, which will launch the first European satellite dedicated to measuring atmospheric carbon dioxide from all around the world, the main greenhouse gas caused by human activity. The deal was signed at the COP26 climate summit in Glasgow by Dr Paul Bate, Chief Executive of the UK Space Agency, and Laurence Monnoyer-Smith, Director of Sustainable Development of the French space agency, CNES. Related articles David Attenborough makes COP crowd erupt with ‘legendary’ speech La Palma landslide ‘could kill millions of people’ The UK will provide a further £3.9million for the mission, due to launch in early 2023. The new funding takes the UK's contribution to £13.9million since the two agencies agreed to work on the mission. MicroCarb's data will make a great contribution to tackling… Read full this story
- When is Blue Origin rocket launch? Jeff Bezos space flight delayed again
- Explained: What will Australia’s new Defence Space Command Agency do?
- NASA spacewalk watch LIVE – Astronauts Kayla Barron and Raja Chari spend SIX HOURS on daring space mission upgrading ISS
- NASA Releases First Images Clicked From New X-Ray Mission
- Out of control space probe to crash land in hours - and could hit the UK
- Artemis, the rocket that will take a woman to the Moon, is presented at a launch rehearsal
- Exclusive: My work is to inspire team, support new ideas and make them a reality, says ISRO Chairman Dr S Somanath
- Putin fears see mission to Mars CANCELLED as Russia ‘impossible’ to work with
- Space revolution: UK’s poised for £2m injection as it unveils 13 new exciting projects
- NASA to Launch SPHEREx Mission to Investigate Origins of Universe | Digital Trends
UK and France put differences aside to launch new 'ambitious' space mission have 344 words, post on www.express.co.uk at November 2, 2021. This is cached page on Drudgereport. If you want remove this page, please contact us.