The Harry Potter Reunion marks the 20-year anniversary of the first film in the franchise, as Daniel Radcliffe , Emma Watson and Rupert Grint reunite to commemorate the occasion. The special features appearances from several members of the cast , including Gary Oldman, Helena Bonham Carter, Tom Felton and Ralph Fiennes. However, JK Rowling, who wrote the Harry Potter book series, did not appear in a new interview for the programme. Her absence comes amid controversy surrounding the author's comments regarding the transgender community, who denies being transphobic but has continued to face criticism for her remarks on trans people and gender. In June 2020, she responded to an article which used the words 'people who menstruate' instead of 'women', tweeting: ''"People who menstruate". I'm sure there used to be a word for those people. Someone help me out. Wumben? Wimpund? Woomud?' She continued, writing: 'If sex isn't real, the lived reality of women globally is erased. 'I know and love trans people, but erasing the concept of sex removes the ability of many to meaningfully discuss their lives,' she said, also defending herself in a passionate essay. In the reunion, several members of the cast and crew spoke of… Read full this story
- Tom Felton had no idea what Harry Potter was before landing Draco Malfoy role: ‘I was nonchalant’
- Robbie Coltrane: Harry Potter star ‘confined to wheelchair’ amid osteoarthritis battle
- JK Rowling accused of 'stirring hate' by Lesbian Visibility Week founder after tweet
- Harry Potter NEW books announced: JK Rowling saga gets FOUR titles for release VERY soon
- Harry Potter: JK Rowling releases her UNSEEN early character sketches
- Harry Potter 'was in LOVE with enemy Draco Malfoy'? ‘It’s a FACT’ says Tom Felton
- JK Rowling promises to visit 'gender critical' book club set up in her name
- 'Slaughtering civilians' JK Rowling hits back as Putin likens her to 'cancelled' Russia
- Harry Potter BEATEN in NEW poll of Britain’s favourite books – Can YOU guess No 1?
- Harry Potter theory SHOCK: Hagrid was an undercover Death Eater for Lord Voldemort
Harry Potter Reunion: How does JK Rowling appear in the special? have 349 words, post on metro.co.uk at December 31, 2021. This is cached page on Drudgereport. If you want remove this page, please contact us.