RESULTS | POINTS TABLE | FIXTURES Though pegged back to 4-3 from 4-0 up, Pep Guardiola’s men moved six points clear at the top of the Premier League table following a ninth successive victory. Kevin De Bruyne scored the first of four goals for the hosts inside the opening 25 minutes, while a pair of penalties from Riyad Mahrez and Raheem Sterling sandwiched Ilkay Gundogan’s strike. The Foxes came roaring back after the break as James Maddison, Ademola Lookman and Kelechi Iheanacho threatened the most unlikely comeback, but Aymeric Laporte and Sterling got the Citizens back on track and secured the points. 1 2210455 Man City took the lead in the fifth minute following neat interplay as De Bruyne controlled Fernandinho's lofted pass into the box before sweeping past Kasper Schmeichel. The hosts doubled the advantage with Mahrez, who had lost in all five of his previous Premier League appearances on Boxing Day, firing home from 12 yards after Youri Tielemans bundled over Laporte. Gundogan made it 3-0 after another lovely exchange of passes culminated in Schmeichel parrying Joao Cancelo’s low cross straight to the Germany international, who made no mistake from close range. Three became four soon after, with… Read full this story
- Liverpool 0 - 0 Stoke City
- UK Domestic Football 2007-08 Season Review
- Transfer Rumours Abound
- What Happened In The UK In 1999?
- Transfer Talk: Juventus to swoop amid Cavani's PSG contract impasse
- Derby County Finally Relegated
- Look Ahead to the New Premiership Season
- The Preparation For Leadership
- The Characteristics of Good Leadership
- De Gea limps off injured as Spain book Euros spot with last-gasp equaliser
Manchester City 6-3 Leicester City: Premier League leaders move six points clear after Foxes thriller have 257 words, post on www.mykhel.com at December 26, 2021. This is cached page on Drudgereport. If you want remove this page, please contact us.