CRICKET WORLD CUP LEAGUE 2 by Cricbuzz Staff • Published on Share Tweet The Men’s Cricket World Cup League 2 acts as a pathway for teams to qualify for the ODI World Cup scheduled in India in 2023 © Getty Oman’s series against the United States of America and Nepal has been postponed because of the COVID-19 pandemic. Papua New Guinea’s series against Oman and Scotland has also been pushed further as the International Cricket Council now works to find another window for the three men’s Cricket World Cup League 2 series. “The postponements are due to the current travel restrictions between countries, the quarantine time required before matches and the recent surge in COVID-19 cases,” the governing body said in a release on Friday (February 12). “As part of the ICC’s comprehensive contingency planning process across all ICC events and after consultation with Members and with the relevant government and public health authorities, the decision has been taken to postpone all three series.” Table-toppers Oman were scheduled to hosts USA and Nepal between March 19-28 while PNG were hosting Oman and Scotland between April 14-24. “The ICC’s priority continues to be to protect the well-being of players, coaches, officials… Read full this story
- South Africa vs England: Will ODI series still go ahead after Covid-19 outbreak?
- Have we seen the last of World Test Championship? ICC Chairman Greg Barclay drops hints
- South Africa-England ODI called off amid Covid scare
- SA vs Eng: South African player tests COVID-19 positive minutes before England ODI
- South Africa-England ODI cancelled again after positive Covid tests among hotel staff
- South Africa-England ODI cancelled again after positive Covid tests among players, hotel staff
- Monday's rescheduled ODI postponed after positive Covid tests leave tour on a knife-edge
- England's South Africa tour called off after Covid-19 outbreak
- Depleted SA, England start afresh after COVID-19 scare
- Buzz: SA, England ODI series to go ahead
Three World Cup League 2 series postponed due to COVID have 307 words, post on www.cricbuzz.com at December 12, 2021. This is cached page on Drudgereport. If you want remove this page, please contact us.