– A + A KUALA LUMPUR (March 10): UMW Holdings Bhd announced on Thursday (March 10) that the diversified group’s February 2022 car sales volume was 10% higher at 23,853 vehicles from 21,657 units a year earlier as its automotive arm continued to ramp up car production to fulfil its encouraging outstanding order book. UMW Holdings via subsidiary UMW Toyota Motor Sdn Bhd is the assembler, marketer and exclusive distributor of Toyota and Lexus vehicles in Malaysia, according to UMW Holdings’ website. UMW Holdings also owns an associate stake in Perusahaan Otomobil Kedua Sdn Bhd (Perodua). According to Perodua’s website, UMW Holdings via UMW Automotive Sdn Bhd owns a 38% stake in Perodua. In UMW Holdings’ Thursday statement, the group said UMW Toyota Motor and Perodua registered improved automotive sales in February 2022 compared with a year prior. UMW Holdings president and group chief executive officer Datuk Ahmad Fuaad Kenali said in the statement: “Both companies (UMW Toyota Motor and Perodua) will continue to ramp up production to deliver our cars to the customers.” “The sales tax exemption [in Malaysia] and the introduction of all-new and facelift models are expected to drive sales in the first half of 2022. “We… Read full this story
- Chip freeze leads to 27% plunge in October car sales
- Chip shortage offsets strong demand: Car sales in slow lane
- Mini India Car Sales In 2020: Delivers Over 500 Units & Registers A Growth Of 34% In Q4
- Car sales in Europe hit record low due to global microchip shortage
- 6 Automakers and 31 Countries Say They’ll Phase Out Gasoline Car Sales
- A bunch of nations are about to ban petrol car sales from 2035 — why isn't Australia signing on?
- Norway first to over 50% electric in 2020 new car sales: industry group
- Joe Biden under fire for resisting UK scheme to end polluting car sales
- Global chip crunch stunts Indonesia car sales recovery
- Is your diesel car older than 10 years? Here's how you can bypass the NGT ban in Delhi - Times of India
UMW Feb 2022 car sales volume up 10% at 23,853 from a year earlier have 316 words, post on www.theedgemarkets.com at March 10, 2022. This is cached page on Drudgereport. If you want remove this page, please contact us.