Cannes and controversy are as inseparable as Siamese twins. In its early years, the Film Festival that now races towards its 75th anniversary (May 17-28), was shame and scandal on the beach. Once an American starlet dropped her top and rushed to a leading Hollywood hero who had to quickly save her modesty with his palms! And all this for moments of photo-op when she hoped to catch some producer's or director's eye. With young women stripping to their panties and inviting lensmen to capture their naked glory and others playing, yes playing, basket ball on the beach in their topless allure, there was never an unexciting moment on the French Riviera. Well, somewhere the Festival, often called – and rightly so – the Queen of All, grew tired of this toplessness and shifted its focus to movies, which also created huge controversies. A run through some of them, and they came with dollops of daring sex and gut-wrenching violence. One of the earliest titles that raised eyebrows was Italian master Federico Fellini's La Dolce Vita, which came to the Croisette (Cannes' beach front) in 1960 bundled with questions. The film's immoral pleasures had already angered the Vatican, which in… Read full this story
- Cannes film festival: Countdown to Zero, The Housemaid, A Screaming Man and Outrage
- Cannes film festival diary: day eight
- Cannes film festival: Lesley Manville, actor
- Cannes film festival diary: Certified Copies and Biutiful discoveries
- Kangana Ranaut oozes oomph in a thigh-high slit dress at Cannes Film Festival 2019—Pics
- Cast and director of "Oh Mercy!" on red carpet at Cannes Film Festival
- PICS: Huma Qureshi and Diana Penty rock the red carpet at 'Cannes Film Festival 2019'!
- Hina Khan looks resplendent in a silver metallic gown at Cannes Film Festival 2019—Pics
- Kangana Ranaut Is All Jet-Set For The Cannes Film Festival And She Wore A Classy Outfit
- Cannes vs Venice: who is winning the film festival star wars?
Cannes Film Festival: A History of Sex and Violence have 319 words, post on www.news18.com at April 28, 2022. This is cached page on Drudgereport. If you want remove this page, please contact us.