SAN FRANCISCO (CBS SF/CNN) — Twitter CEO Parag Agrawal took to the social media giant's platform early Tuesday, revealing that Elon Musk, who has purchased 9.2% of the San Francisco company's stock, will be joining the firm's board of directors. "I'm excited to share that we're appointing @elonmusk to our board!," Agrawal tweeted. "Through conversations with Elon in recent weeks, it became clear to us that he would bring great value to our Board. "He's both a passionate believer and intense critic of the service which is exactly what we need on @Twitter, and in the boardroom, to make us stronger in the long-term. Welcome Elon!" READ MORE: Second Suspect Arrested In Sacramento Mass Shooting That Killed 6, Wounded 12 According to Tuesday federal Securities and Exchange Commission filing, Musk will serve as a Class II director on the board, with his term expiring in 2024. Putting Musk on Twitter's board and limiting the amount of stock he can acquire while as a director may be a strategic move on Twitter's part. Shares of the social media giant have been on the rise since a Monday SEC release revealed he had become the largest public shareholder of the company. The… Read full this story
- Elon Musk Plans Falcon 9 Upper Stage Recovery With ‘Giant Party Balloon’
- With Hope Hicks out, the guy who runs Trump’s social media is the one who’s been around the longest — he started as Trump’s caddie
- Spontime is a social media network that helps you to spend less time on social media
- Gnip hits the social media data jackpot with API access to Instagram, Bitly, and Reddit
- Elon Musk’s belated advice for Twitter’s Dorsey on being a dual CEO: Don’t do it
- Elon Musk says humans are underrated and that he regrets using so many robots to build the Model 3 (TSLA)
- Elon Musk Deletes SpaceX, Tesla Facebook Pages Amid Cambridge Analytica Scandal
- Elon Musk: Regulate Social Media and AI to Stop ‘Willy-Nilly' Spread of Fake News
- SpaceX's president on Elon Musk: 'When Elon says something, you have to pause and not blurt out 'Well, that's impossible''
- Elon Musk Reveals ‘Giant Party Balloon’ Plan to Return SpaceX’s Launched Rockets
‘Intense Critic’ Elon Musk Joins Twitter Board Of Directors; What’s Next For The Social Media Giant? have 378 words, post on sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com at April 5, 2022. This is cached page on Drudgereport. If you want remove this page, please contact us.