Throughout the 2021 season, the Georgia Bulldogs' defense was viewed as extraordinary and simply one for the ages. Given its status as one of the all-time great defenses in college football history, it was only fitting that some of those defenders were again part of history on Thursday night. Five Georgia players were selected in the first round Thursday night, with EDGE rusher Travon Walker going first overall to the Jacksonville Jaguars, defensive tackle Jordan Davis going 13th to the Philadelphia Eagles, inside linebacker Quay Walker going 22nd and defensive lineman Devonte Wyatt going 28th to the Green Bay Packers, and safety Lewis Cine going 32nd to the Minnesota Vikings. The five players set a new standard for Georgia by shattering the program record for first-rounders in a single draft — the previous record was three in 2018. But those Bulldogs made history on an even grander scale: according to ESPN, Georgia became the first program in draft history to have five defenders selected in the first round. Once again, this group set a new standard. If you've been following them closely, that shouldn't come as a surprise. The entire Georgia defense was simply dominant throughout the 2021 season, and… Read full this story
- NFL Combine 2022: Georgia players send message after strong performance in Indianapolis
- NFL Draft 2022: Patriots to meet with a trio of top wide receiver prospects at NFL Combine, per report
- NFL Draft 2022: Order, start time, how to watch, mock draft central, live stream, prospect rankings
- 2022 SAG Awards make history as Troy Kotsur wins
- NFL Draft 2022: First-round RBs are becoming more scarce; a look back at recent backs drafted in Round 1
- NFL Draft 2022: Kyle Hamilton is still No. 2-ranked prospect after concerning 40-yard dash, says Todd McShay
- NFL Draft 2022: Notre Dame safety Kyle Hamilton 'stacks up really well' with other prospects
- NFL Draft 2022: Tennessee DL Matthew Butler is 'underrated' prospect, says Mel Kiper Jr.
- NFL Combine 2022: Georgia's Devonte Wyatt runs 4.77-second 40-yard dash
- NFL Draft 2022: Derek Stingley Jr. has chance to 'reverse negative momentum,' says Todd McShay
NFL Draft 2022: Georgia players making more history comes as no surprise have 335 words, post on 247sports.com at April 28, 2022. This is cached page on Drudgereport. If you want remove this page, please contact us.