close Video Kathy Hochul implores social media companies to better monitor content after Buffalo shooting The Democratic governor of New York said social media companies should “be able to identify the second that this hate speech appears.” NEW You can now listen to Fox News articles! Accused Buffalo shooter Payton Gendron was hospitalized and underwent a mental health evaluation in 2021 after making a “generalized threat,” according to police officials. Gendron, an 18-year-old from Conklin, New York, was hospitalized for a mental health evaluation for one-and-a-half days in June 2021, after he made the general threat in his hometown, according to Buffalo Police Commissioner Joseph Gramaglia. BUFFALO SHOOTING: 10 DEAD IN MASS NY KILLING STREAMED ON SOCIAL MEDIA PLATFORM TWITCH: LIVE UPDATES Payton Gendron appears during his arraignment in Buffalo City Court, Saturday, May 14, 2022, in Buffalo, N.Y. Gendron was arraigned on first-degree murder charges and ordered detained without bail. (Mark Mulville/The Buffalo News via AP) A spokesperson for the New York State Police said troopers responded to Susquehanna High School in Conklin, N.Y., “to investigate a report that a 17-year-old student had made a threatening statement.” The spokesperson did not identify the subject by name, but said there… Read full this story
- Boston Graffiti, Arson Suspect To Undergo Mental Health Evaluation
- Gun Control Vs. Mental Health Care: Debate After Mass Shootings Obscures Murky Reality
- Police: Shooting suspect tried to access black church
- Trial Finally Set for White Man Accused of Shooting at 3 Black Men After Hurricane Katrina
- Florida gun, mental laws couldn’t have stopped massacre
- #AlfredOlango: El Cajon, Calif., Police Aware Unarmed Black Man Was in Mental Distress Before They Fatally Shot Him
- Manhunt Underway for Suspect in Deadly Waffle House Shooting
- PolitiFact fact-check: The facts on mass shootings, guns in the United States
- Will the Va. Shooting Sway the GOP on Gun Violence?
- Officer Charged in Freddie Gray’s Death Allegedly Threatened to Kill Ex-Girlfriend’s Husband
Buffalo shooting suspect allegedly made threat in 2021, underwent mental health evaluation have 312 words, post on www.foxnews.com at May 15, 2022. This is cached page on Drudgereport. If you want remove this page, please contact us.