LAHORE: The Election Commission of Pakistan (ECP) on Wednesday announced a schedule for by-elections on 20 Punjab Assembly seats. The seats fell vacant after the ECP had de-notified the PTI's dissident MPAs who had voted for PML-N's Hamza Shahbaz against their party line in the Punjab chief minister's election on May 23. By-elections on the 20 vacant seats will be held on July 17, said the ECP. 25 PTI dissident MPs in Punjab de-notified On May 23, the ECP had formally issued notifications to de-notify 25 dissident MPAs who had voted for PML-N's Hamza Shahbaz against their party’s line in the Punjab chief minister's election. "The Election Commission of Pakistan hereby de-notify the following members of Provincial Assembly of Punjab from the respective constituencies in terms of Article 63A(4) of the constitution," read the notification. Punjab Assembly Speaker Chaudhry Pervaiz Elahi had sent a reference to the ECP against 25 PTI lawmakers who voted against the party policy in the election for the Punjab chief minister on April 16. Hamza Shahbaz had got 197 votes as opposed to the required number of 186 in the house of 371 and now after the ECP verdict, the position of the Punjab chief… Read full this story
- EC announces bypoll to one Rajya Sabha seat each in Karnataka, U.P.
- 2019 Lok Sabha polls: Congress-NCP seal seat sharing in Maharashtra; Cong gets 24, NCP bags 20
- Jharkhand Assembly Election 2019: Sitting legislators, bureaucrat, turncoat in Congress second list
- Congress releases fifth list of three candidates for upcoming Jharkhand assembly election
- BJP minister Saryu Roy to contest against Jharkhand CM Raghubar Das from Jamshedpur East seat
- Explained: Why does CEC say simultaneous LS and Assembly polls won’t happen soon?
- Jharkhand polls: Ex-babus in fray, BJP releases fourth list
- BJP alone will win more than 65 seats in assembly election: Jharkhand CM Raghubar Das
- ABP News Opinion Poll: Saffron Storm To Blow Congress In Haryana Elections; ML Khattar Most Favourite CM
- Maharashtra Assembly Polls 2019: Fissures emerge within Congress-NCP over seat sharing
ECP announces schedule for by-polls on 20 Punjab Assembly seats have 327 words, post on www.thenews.com.pk at May 25, 2022. This is cached page on Drudgereport. If you want remove this page, please contact us.