LIVERPOOL and Manchester City could clash in an unprecedented Premier League title decider – just three days before the Champions League final. Top-flight rules state that a play-off will be used to determine the champions if two sides are level on points, goal difference, goals scored and in the head-to-head results between them. With the league games at both Anfield and the Etihad having finished in 2-2 draws, that last element has already been confirmed. Man City have stolen a march on their fierce rivals in recent days with crushing wins over Newcastle and Wolves . Meanwhile, Liverpool dropped two points at home to Tottenham before labouring to a 2-1 win over Aston Villa . For a play-off to be needed, City MUST now lose one of their final two games of the season, with the Reds winning both by comfortable margins. READ MORE SPORT STORIES STARS ALIGN Omen hints Liverpool may WIN Prem as Salah, Mane and Jota equal Man City record FINAL OFFER Chelsea vs Liverpool: Get Blues at 40/1 or Reds at 25/1 to win the FA Cup final For the unprecedented play-off to go ahead, Liverpool will now have to beat Southampton and Wolves 3-0 in… Read full this story
- Manchester City boss Pep Guardiola plays down talk of Premier League title race after victory at Burnley
- Can Leicester City upset the odds and win another Premier League title?
- Manchester City: Roberto Mancini refuses to rule old club out of Premier League title race
- Manchester City edge Liverpool to retain Premier League title
- Guardiola’s Man City lay claim to greatness by retaining Premier League title
- Pep Guardiola dreading Man City’s ‘trip to the dentist’ at Burnley to get Premier League title charge back on track
- Lights go out in Manchester City dressing room but fight for Premier League title burns on
- Can Spurs surge to English Premier League title?
- Alan Shearer tells Man City what they must do to claw back Liverpool in title race
- Harry Kane says Spurs need to keep up with rivals to have chance in Premier League
How Liverpool and Man City could be forced into unprecedented PLAY-OFF for Premier League title at end of the season have 335 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at May 13, 2022. This is cached page on Drudgereport. If you want remove this page, please contact us.