NBC Sports said Thursday that Maria Taylor will be the new host of Football Night in America , NBC's weekly studio show that leads into the network's Sunday Night Football . Taylor, who joined NBC from ESPN less than a year ago, had been a co-host of the Sunday primetime program alongside Mike Tirico, who is joining the SNF booth this upcoming season alongside Cris Collinsworth. He replaces Al Michaels, who exited after the end of this past season and is moving to Amazon to call its nascent slate of Thursday night NFL games alongside Kirk Herbstreit. In addition to the FNA role, Taylor executive producing an eight-part documentary series on the history of the Black quarterback in the NFL. It eventually will stream on Peacock. Since joining NBC, Taylor has had roles including hosting the Tokyo and Beijing Olympics and the Super Bowl LVI Pregame Show. "Maria is the perfect choice to carry the legacy forward of anchoring the most-watched studio show in sports," NBC Sports executive producer Sam Flood said in announcing her promotion. NBC's Sunday Night Football has been broadcast TV's most-watched show for 11 consecutive years.
- Football icon John Madden, who coached Raiders to a Super Bowl title, dies at age 85
- A Guide to a New Year’s Eve Clouded by Omicron
- Kanye West Had Surprise NYE Show in Miami, Coincidentally Where Pete Davidson Was Also Hosting Show
- New England Patriots’ Owner, Still Sore at N.F.L., Has Payback in Sight
- Neymar's new £2.5m mansion in Brazil has squash court, 20-car garage and swimming pool
- Michele Tafoya, Long-Time ‘Sunday Night Football’ Sideline Reporter, Leaving After 2021 Season | The Daily Wire
- What Bill Simmons said about Michele Tafoya's 'Sunday Night Football' absence
- John Madden, America’s Broadcasting Gourmand, Ate Football Up
- Late-Night Hosts & Showrunners Reveal Their Favorite Moments Of 2021
- Football, reality competition conclusions dominate TV
Maria Taylor Named New Host Of NBC’s ‘Football Night In America’ have 308 words, post on deadline.com at May 20, 2022. This is cached page on Drudgereport. If you want remove this page, please contact us.