Jericho Rosales in "Basurero" Eileen Cabiling's "Basurero," which stars Jericho Rosales, bagged the best global film award at the recent 1st AuntyLand Film Festival held in New York City in the United States. "This award was a great surprise as I didn't know about it. It was a wonderful festival with women creators, and I met some of them in a Q&A we had online," Cabiling told Inquirer Entertainment on Tuesday night. "I am happy that the film is being recognized along with our amazing crew, producers and cast, and most importantly, the story and the study of a character who is stuck in a system that does not value him," the US-based director said via chat. Question "How does one find self-value and worth? The film leaves us with this question. I hope, as we Filipinos start to question our psyches and how we treat each other and value each other, that we will eventually find the answer. Something is truly wrong with the system when we start killing each other instead of supporting each other," Cabiling declared. "Basurero" is about Bong (Jericho), a fisherman by day and drug war vigilante by night. He faces a crisis of conscience… Read full this story
- Historic 'Parasite' Oscar Win May Be Game-Changer for Global Film Business
- Oscars: Frozen 2 Songwriter Speaks Out on Best Animated Film Snub
- Cameron Boyce’s Final Film ‘Runt’ To Make World Premiere At Mammoth Film Festival
- Korean cinema's global reach highlighted by Parasite's Oscar win
- 'Parasite' thrusts Korean film industry onto international center stage
- Parasite's best picture triumph could begin a new era for the Oscars
- Can foreign-language films ever win over Hollywood?
- Get up to speed on this year's Oscar nominees for best international feature film
- UPDATE 1-South Korea's 'Parasite' wins Oscar for best international feature film
- South Korea's 'Parasite' wins Oscar for best international feature film
‘Basurero’ is best global film in NY fest have 321 words, post on entertainment.inquirer.net at June 26, 2022. This is cached page on Drudgereport. If you want remove this page, please contact us.