Ngụy Thị Khanh, former head of NGO GreenID and known for advocating the reduction of coal-fired power in Vietnam, was handed a prison sentence for economic crimes, not her environmental activism, spokesperson for the foreign ministry Lê Thị Thu Hằng said on Thursday. Ngụy Thị Khanh, director of Vietnam's Green Innovation and Development Centre (GreenID), has been arrested for tax fraud. — Photo courtesy of Hanoi Police During the regular press briefing held in Hanoi, Hằng said that on June 17, the People’s Court of Hanoi opened a first-instance trial and had subsequently sentenced the 46-year-old Ngụy Thị Khanh to 24 months in prison for tax evasion under Article 200 of the Penal Code. She was arrested earlier in February by the Hanoi’s police. The investigation and trial process were conducted in accordance with the provisions of law, Hằng said, adding that the trial was held in public and the defendant's rights were fully guaranteed as prescribed by law. "Vietnam resolutely combats and strictly punishes in accordance with the law, ensuring the rule of law in the country. All citizens are equal before the law," the spokesperson noted. Vietnam has implemented awareness campaigns and education measures to gradually raise citizens’… Read full this story
- Over Rs 700 crore tax evasion detected against Chennai's Chettinad Group
- Income Tax searches on Chennai-based group reveal tax evasion of over Rs 700 crore, cash of Rs 23 crore
- 'Loathsome Crime' of Tax Evasion & Intimidation: Who's Charles Kushner, a Man Pardoned by Trump?
- They reported corruption at the Foreign Ministry. Now they receive an award
- Foreign investment fares poorest in steel: report
- PM assigns Ministry of Finance to expand environmental protection taxpayer base
- FLASHBACK: Chris Christie Said Charles Kushner Committed Some Of The ‘Most Loathsome’ Crime He Ever Prosecuted
- Amit Shah gets in action as MHA plans massive crackdown on Khalistan network over foreign funding, terror links
- Bill Barr RESIGNS: AG steps down after he kept Hunter Biden's tax probe secret, was called a 'big disappointment' by Trump and slapped down the President's voter fraud claims
- Trump says he has 'nothing to do' with 'potential prosecution' of Hunter Biden
Environmentalist prosecuted for tax evasion, not her activism: Foreign ministry have 353 words, post on dtinews.vn at June 24, 2022. This is cached page on Drudgereport. If you want remove this page, please contact us.