Lewis Hamilton has called for action after comments where Nelson Piquet used racist language to describe him resurfaced. Three-time world champion Piquet twice used racist language in an interview last November when describing the Mercedes star as he gave his verdict on Hamilton's crash with Max Verstappen during last year's British Grand Prix at Silverstone . Yet in a tweet on Tuesday, Hamilton responded saying it was time for these "archaic mindsets" to change – and added that he has been targeted "by these attitudes my whole life". "It's more than language," he wrote. "These archaic mindsets need to change and have no place in our sport. I've been surrounded by these attitudes and targeted my whole life. There has been plenty of time to learn. Time has come for action." In an earlier tweet, Hamilton wrote in Spanish: "Let's focus on changing the mindset." Recommended Nelson Piquet uses racially abusive language to refer to Lewis Hamilton on podcast When and where is the next Formula One race? Nelson Piquet condemned for racist slur about Lewis Hamilton Formula 1 and Mercedes also condemned the racist language used by Piquet. "Discriminatory or racist language is unacceptable in any form and has… Read full this story
- Ranking the 25 live-action comic book movies of the ’90s
- Firewatch creator vows DMCA retaliation against PewDiePie for racist slur used in stream
- Has Call of Duty: WW2 been improved by its updates?
- Gillum concedes to DeSantis in racially charged Florida campaign
- Apex Legends preview – Titanfall feel, Overwatch characters, and Fortnite ambitions
- The Devil's Advocate: NiP's duo
- Creator of Stellaris' 'White Humans' mod re-uploads it to Steam Workshop under new name
- Jeffree Star, Laura Lee, Gabriel Zamora and YouTube’s issue with problematic faves
- Changes of perspective are vital to representation in games
- Mafia 3 PC review
Lewis Hamilton calls for action after Nelson Piquet’s racial slur have 309 words, post on www.independent.co.uk at June 28, 2022. This is cached page on Drudgereport. If you want remove this page, please contact us.