Follow us on Telegram for the latest updates: https://t.me/mothershipsg The new East Rail Line cross-harbour extension in Hong Kong began operations on early Sunday morning (May 15). Mad dash for the first train The opening was met with a large crowd of rail enthusiasts who could not wait to check out the new train line, and sprinted to be the first onboard. Those waiting to board the first train at the front of the crowd said that they waited outside the Exhibition Centre station since 10pm the previous night, reported Sky Post . “Running towards the gates, someone left behind their shoe — but it is not a glass slipper,” joked a Hong Kong Open TV reporter at the scene. 2,000 commuters boarded first train According to Mass Transit Railway (MTR) Operations Director Tony Lee, 2,000 commuters boarded the special first train which departed the new Exhibition Centre Station at 5:25am. Commuters onboard were extremely excited and some were even singing, Hong Kong media outlet HK01 reported him as saying. First time in a hundred years Jacky Lee, a rail enthusiast interviewed by South China Morning Post , said that he was excited as it was the first time in… Read full this story
- Hong Kong university siege photos show police storming campus as hundreds of students mount desperate defense
- ‘Up to 2,000 children under age 10 separated from parents in Hong Kong hospitals over past 6 weeks after catching Covid-19’
- How Shang-Chi and John Wick movies took after Hong Kong martial arts cinema
- Hong Kong's COVID Time Warp
- Are Mumbai’s new infra projects struggling to balance development with sustainability?
- Peak-hour trains from Victoria's regional centres 'like travelling in cattle truck'
- Train Sim World 2 New Journeys expansion – celebrating 50 years of Bakerloo Line trains
- Dover cross-Channel ferry disruption continues
- Police horses have to undergo training to stop them being spooked by virtue-signalling rainbow-coloured LGBT crossings in London
- The Last Handshake: Remembering Legendary New York Basketball Scout Tom Konchalski
More than 2,000 train buffs sprint to catch first train of Hong Kong's new cross-harbour line extension have 316 words, post on mothership.sg at June 25, 2022. This is cached page on Drudgereport. If you want remove this page, please contact us.