Water supply issues and substandard road infrastructure were issues reigning in the minds of Rajinder Nagar residents who turned up to vote in the bypoll on Thursday. There are more than 1.64 lakh voters in the constituency, of which 92,221 are male, 72,473 are female, and 4 are categorised as 'third gender'. There are 1,899 voters between the ages of 18-19 years who are eligible to vote for the first time in the constituency. Voter turnout, however, was low with only around 43.71% at 6 pm. For Sushma Jaidka, a resident of Old Rajinder Nagar, poor roads and irregular water supply were the main issues. Best of Express Premium Fresh FIR against RB Sreekumar, Sanjiv Bhatt and Teesta Setalvad based on… After Moosewala's murder, spotlight back on (Punjabi) gangs of Canada IAS officer son death: The discrepancies Newsmaker | Among first to take up cause of Gujarat riot victims, Teesta … More Premium Stories >> Meena, another resident who came to vote with her mother-in-law, said that she has been living in the area for 40 years and echoed the same demands as Sushma. "In the past 15-20 days, water supply has been a major problem. Whoever wins should be… Read full this story
- India’s parched earth: Too late to solve the worst water crisis in its history?
- Indian voters boost Modi’s ambition for a ‘Hindu nation’
- The Big Read: To build a strong water-saving culture, S'pore needs more than recycled messages
- Pakistani elections are flawed, but poor rural voters are taking control
- The Big Read: Online petitions — just 'noise' and attention-seeking, or a way for citizens to make themselves heard?
- Chennai: An Indian city bursting with action
- Exodus of workers from Modi’s home state a worry for the PM
- Beware of the lions: a comedian's guide to the Indian election
- Modi’s ‘Clean India’ initiative fails in his constituency
- Trump's Ukraine dishonesty barrage continues. He made 96 false claims last week
Voters seek availability of water, good roads as Delhi’s Rajinder Nagar goes to polls have 312 words, post on indianexpress.com at June 23, 2022. This is cached page on Drudgereport. If you want remove this page, please contact us.