On a consolidated basis for the three months ending in June, net loss amounted to 63.1 billion won ($48.5 million), compared with a profit of 483 billion won a year earlier, the company said in a regulatory filing. Operating loss also reached 12.3 billion won, though it was better than market consensus. Sales were at 7.14 trillion won, up 21.9 percent from a year earlier. Emart attributed the second-quarter net loss to costs stemming from amortization of its holdings in the Starbucks coffee chain and the Gmarket Global e-commerce site. A rise in property taxes and other increased expenses were also cited as reasons. By sector, Emart discount stores posted an operating loss of 19.1 billion won, compared with a profit of 5.8 billion won a year earlier. Its online businesses, including SSG.com, W Concept and Gmarket, showed sales growth despite operating losses. Of them, operating losses at SSG.com and Gmarket came in at 40.5 billion won and 18.2 billion won, respectively. The retailer said it is pushing for 29.7 trillion won in sales this year by expanding investment in logistics and renovation of its offline stores. Emart, owned by Shinsegae Group, is the No. 1 discount retailer in Korea… Read full this story
- Tax Reduction (Casualties Can Generate Substantial Tax Reduction)
- Why Low Fat Diets, Pills & Special Expensive Foods Should Be Avoided & Do Not Work
- Tips to a Successful Tax Return
- Tax Advantages of Incorporating
- The Hidden Tax Benefits in Your LLC
- Isn't it Time You Reduced Your Income Tax Liability?
- Need More Tax Write-Offs?
- Tax Preparation Software Tips
- Second in the Series 'Banking on Myself' - The Different Ways Your Entity Can Be Taxed
- Tax - 8 Tax Planning Strategies For Australian Taxpayers to Save Tax in 2008
Emart swings to loss in Q2 on increased expenses, tax have 274 words, post on koreajoongangdaily.joins.com at August 11, 2022. This is cached page on Drudgereport. If you want remove this page, please contact us.