ISLAMABAD: Funeral prayers of Sarah Inam, the slain daughter-in-law of senior journalist Ayaz Amir , were held on Wednesday after which she was laid to rest at a local graveyard. For the last six days, the victim's body was kept in the morgue of the Pakistan Institute of Medical Sciences (PIMS) Hospital. Her family claimed the body this morning for burial. Sarah was murdered by her husband Shahnawaz Amir in Islamabad's Chak Shahzad area on Friday, September 23, 2022. The suspect killed his wife using dumbbells on the pretext of self-defence. The couple got married three months ago. A day earlier, a district and sessions court in Islamabad discharged Ayaz from the murder case of his daughter-in-law after finding no evidence against him. On September 24, a trial court approved the arrest warrants of Ayaz and his former wife Sameena Shah , after the two were nominated as suspects by Sarah’s family. The senior journalist was arrested while his former wife later acquired pre-arrest bail. The petitioners maintained that Sameena was living at the farmhouse where Sarah was murdered. The case Following Sarah's murder, the Islamabad Police registered a first information report (FIR) on the complaint of Station House Officer… Read full this story
- Sarah Payne's older brother's heartbreaking guilt over the day she was abducted
- Petition in memory of murdered schoolgirl April Jones calling for tougher laws for sex offenders is set to be debated in Parliament
- California unemployment call center still struggling to process claims
- 2010's Summer Movie Preview Spectacular in 3D Duo-Vision - Part 1!
- Eight-month pregnant nurse Mary, who died of coronavirus but whose baby was saved, lost her father 'to virus' just two weeks ago
- Dead good! The 80 best true crime shows and podcasts – because there’s never been a better time to play armchair detective...
- My Bay Area sheltering-in-place family got and survived coronavirus
- Get Britain moving again: Businesses and political leaders call for a clear exit from lockdown as DIY stores and garden centres get set to open - but UK suffers its highest death toll for a week
- Obituary: Catherine C. Lupoi of Watertown
- Catching a catfish
Ayaz Amir's daughter-in-law Sarah Inam laid to rest have 350 words, post on www.thenews.com.pk at September 28, 2022. This is cached page on Drudgereport. If you want remove this page, please contact us.